Gavin Clarke is an independent dancer, choreographer, musician and avid contact improviser who just completed his honours at UNSW.
We chat with Gavin about:
- “Unwinding” – Gavin’s practise
- starting dancing before you get out of bed
- where the self resides (and body transplant)
- From Dictatorship to Democracy
bibliography of some things mentioned:
- Horgen, J. 1994, Can Science Explain Consciousness, Scientific American Journal page 76-77
- Kornhuber, H. and Deecke, L. 1965, Changes In The Brain Potential In Voluntary Movements and Passive Movemens, Pflugers Archiv fur die gesamte Physiologie des Menschen und der Tiere 284: pages 1-17.
- Massumi, B. 1995. The Autonomy of Affect. Cultural Critique, (31), 83-109. doi:1. Retrieved from www.jstor.org/stable/1354446 doi:1
- Jones, Zac – Dancer/Somatic Practitioner – Pathwave, 1999-present, Ongoing Conversation Regarding The Body, Brisbane, Adelaide, Mt. Gambier, Melbourne
- Todd, M., ‘The Thinking Body’, Princeton Book Company, 1937
- Doyle, B, Libet Experiments, from Information Philosopher (?) www.informationphilosopher.com/freedom/libet_experiments.html, Accessed October 27, 2016
- Carter, R. and Tallis, R. uploaded Aug 2012, Has Neuroscience Demonstrated that We Do Not Have Free Will? www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RiztsaCSds , accessed Sept 03 2016
- Wolpert, D. uploaded 2011, The Real Reason For Brains, www.ted.com/talks/daniel_wolpert_the_real_reason_for_brains?language=en , TED Global, accessed May 2016