“How can I do?”Hsiao Tzu Tien – 田孝慈
Hsiao Tzu Tien – 田孝慈 – is a choreographer, dancer and performer Born in 1984 in Tainan, Taiwan, focusing her choreography research on human emotions shaped by time, history, culture and environment. We discuss;
- Growing up in Tainan
- How to choreograph
- Collaborating with technology
- Making the invisible, visible
- Dancing as a verb – something to do.
- What is the first dance step?
- “How do we tune the intuition?” And make it relevant?
- Dancing for each other vs the audience
- Thinking and feeling
- Making it safe to ask dancers to share themselves during collaboration
- Building a belief in the piece
- Digital as choreographic context
- Collaborating with virtual currency via kinetic light sculpture
- Misusing motion-capture
- Fighting against the digital as a way to develop choreography
- The things that we know that we don’t even know that we know.