Sarah Aiken is a Melbourne based performer, choreographer and teacher originally from Bellingen NSW. Sarah pursues an ongoing interest in how and what we value, utilizing dichotomies and clashes, aiming to create poignancy through absurdity.
- shifting focus from outcomes to process
- a show as one version of the idea one is thinking about.
- emotion inducing performance facilitating deeper thought or reflection
- multiplicity – facts being not stationary
- balancing non-authoritarianism with one’s agenda
- some things are issues for many people but doesn’t mean that it has been thought about
- that all things are paid for even if you are not the one who has earnt it