“We can easily fool ourselves to thinking we’ve created something new”Sophia Ndaba
Sophia Ndaba is a dance theatre, site specific, community outreach, object and installation and collaborator with live musicians and other multidisciplinary artists. Sophia is a founding member of the Dance Makers Collective, a group of independent dance artists in Sydney who collaboratively choreograph and produce contemporary dance work.
- Searching through how we really feel, and how it manifests physically
- Acknowledging and communicating authentic emotion and frustration
- Being frustrated with Matt!
- Movement being a processing tool
- Keeping our ego in a safe place of questioning
- How do you know what has value
- Allow for people’s dances
- Projection and perspective
- Having fixed mindsets and growth mindsets
- subscribing to magic and mystery
“Allow for people’s dances and how they came about”
“Keeping our ego in a safe place of questioning”Sophia Ndaba