Viola Iida is a Sydney-based independent artist and has most recently worked with Sydney Dance Company as an Associate Artist. She performed “Crazy Times” choreographed by Antony Hamilton in the Sydney Opera House, and toured the work.
we talk about:
- going through SDC PPY
- choosing challenges
- being a weird child
- learning repetiour
- doing workshops
- underbelly arts – with Amrita Hepi and Honey Long and Prue Stent
- collaborating with a VJ and Thermin player
- taking care of self
- the financial cost of improving/training
- 3D printing
- outside hobbies as skill development – ceramics
- seeking validation from outside eyes can be poisonous.